Careers / Positions Director of Design, Magenta
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As a Director of Design and Creative at Red Ventures you’ll lead a team of skilled designers, writers and UX research to create dynamic and engaging experiences for homeowners across multiple web sites and brands. The ideal director will be able to engage and lead high-performing teams while working in close collaboration with external partners. We need someone that's comfortable within a fast-paced and often changing environment, and able to roll up their sleeves and execute while solving new problems and learning new skills.
What You'll Do
- Direct the overall product design strategy and roadmap across our suite of products
- Lead and mentor a diverse team of designers, writers, and researchers
- Define and lead user-centered design and research processes
- Architect and design high-quality and engaging experiences
- Lead and maintain brand standards, product style guide and pattern libraries.
- Partner with Marketing, Product Management, Design, and Engineering to drive design delivery and excellence
- Remain hands-on by executing work while you manage the execution of the team
- Define and pursue a long term vision for the Design team, proactively anticipating future opportunities. Champion design across the business to bring design-thinking to all aspects of the organization.
- Create a strong and engaging relationship with our partners and stakeholders
What We're Looking For
- 6+ years working as designer of digital products and interfaces; 3+ years directly leading/mentoring a team of design associates
- Pragmatic leader that defines a vision as well as paves the path for delivery.
- Experience working with and executing user-centered design practices, and how to leverage quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience leading website rebranding and site restructures
- Experience working in Agile environments
- A passion for managing and mentorship of creative talent
- An ability to navigate the intersection of business goals with digital strategy
- Exceptional ability to articulate your design decisions and vision
- Hungry for constructive feedback and collaboration
- Expert-level knowledge of Figma, Sketch, InVision, and other design and prototyping tools
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to juggle multiple priorities effectively.
- Last but certainly not least, a sense of humor!
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures spans 5 continents and employs more than 3,500 people. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, Healthline Media, The Points Guy, Bankrate and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.