Careers / Positions Finance Writer - ZDNet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
ZDNet is looking for a versatile writer who can cover the intersection of personal technology, personal finance and the reality that we’re all entrepreneurs. In addition to doing your own original reporting and covering breaking news, you will help readers navigate some of life’s most consequential decisions -- including shopping for a mortgage, choosing a credit card, filing taxes and more. If writing critically about financial services in a straightforward, engaging way sounds like a fun way to spend a day, you could be the perfect fit.
In this full-time role, you will write a diverse array of demand and discover content -- from news stories to best lists and everything in between, scrutinizing a range of financial products. A significant part of the job will include making sure that your work remains visible, accurate and up-to-date using ZDNet’s SEO strategy.
What You'll Do
- Write straightforward, approachable copy that demystifies complicated financial topics
- Provide compelling buying advice based on research and data-driven analysis
- Seek out and interview experts in the field
- Develop and maintain buying advice resources including best lists
- Contribute to videos and podcasts on a range of financial subjects
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience reviewing consumer products or services for an online publication, ideally those focused on financial services
- Topnotch writing skills and the ability to bring your individual voice to a diverse array of content
- Capacity to approach financial products and services with a critical eye -- and an understanding of the business models underlying them
- Commitment to helping readers identify and understand the financial products and services that are best for their particular needs
- Capacity for working independently and with minimal direction; you can take a rough assignment spec, figure out what needs to be covered and get it done
- Experience optimizing content for SEO
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
Who We Are
ZDNet is a business technology news website owned and operated by Red Ventures, along with TechRepublic. The brand was founded on April 1, 1991, as a general interest technology portal from Ziff Davis and evolved into an enterprise IT-focused online publication.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.