Careers / Positions Senior Director, Public Relations and Communications - Media and Commerce (CNET)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a Senior Director to lead our public relations and communications team for our Media and Commerce vertical. In this dynamic role you will be responsible for managing communications and PR efforts across our editorial and business teams globally with the goal being to increase brand awareness. Our Media and Commerce teams include brands like CNET, ZDNet, Gamespot, Metacritic and TVGuide.
What You'll Do
- Create and execute brand elevating strategic communications plans across consumer, business, trade media in support of key goals and business objectives.
- Lead a small team of PR experts in a player/coach capacity
- Proactively develop ideas for and secure trade coverage of our brands, including for new initiatives, launches and announcements
- Pitch and secure broadcast interview opportunities for our journalists; provide media training and support as needed.
- Draft and prepare communications materials including press releases, statements, briefing documents and more
- Identify and pursue opportunities for our leaders, including speaking engagements, interview opportunities, and participation in industry conferences
- Meet regularly with stakeholders across the organization to generate new ideas and plan for long-term projects and announcements
- Develop and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media contacts across digital, print and broadcast
- Manage and respond to inbound media inquiries and requests
- Oversee industry award submissions for our brands
- Advise on and support internal communications
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of public relations and communications experience, preferably in media, news, or entertainment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Mentor and help guide career development for team members including coaching, establishing and monitoring individual team member goals, providing performance feedback, conducting check-ins, supporting professional development and overall performance
- Established media contacts and a proven track record of booking TV and radio segments and securing trade coverage. Strong understanding of the earned media landscape.
- Experience managing PR efforts on-site at events
- Identify opportunities to promote and publicize our initiatives, campaigns, activities, reports, and content, including those with partners
- Ability to own projects from start to finish, multitask and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Experience working and communicating with executive leadership and external partners
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to be reachable as needed
- Experience with PR software platforms including Cision, Critical Mention, and MuckRack
- Serve as thought leader and work closely with other communications leads across Red Ventures - including internal communications and social impact
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.