Careers / Positions Backend Developer, Home
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
In addition to building applications that can hold up to our business's scale & growth, our team of engineers works collaboratively with the business leaders to come up with innovative solutions to grow the business. We love to build high-quality software and believe that there is real value in developing software to be easily understood, maintained, and extended. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on mission-critical projects directly impacting the evolution of our business. You will be able to apply your programming skills towards building high throughput transactional services and highly performant web experiences. We always explore new technologies and engineer better solutions for demanding business needs.
What You'll Do
Work alongside our backend engineers to develop, test, maintain, and support scalable, resilient backend data flows, services, and tooling on top of AWS
Set up and improve monitoring and testing to help ensure data and platform quality and security
Closely work alongside our product team in contributing to thoughtful customer solutions and identification of edge cases
Add to a culture that loves experimentation, Agile development, and curious collaboration
- Develop, test, maintain, and support high-performance, scalable, and innovative backend data flows, services and tools.
- Be part of building a positive team environment
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years server-side experience in technologies such as Node, Golang, PHP, or C#
- 1+ years professional Golang development experience
- Experience with AWS/Azure or other cloud providers (bonus points for Terraform experience)
- Experience with serverless technologies such as ECS to Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of unit testing (TDD/BDD)
- Understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools like New Relic (preferred), App Dynamics, or other relevant software
- Experience with build chain tools like CircleCI (preferred), AWS CodePipeline, or Jenkins, etc.
- COVID-19 Update:
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.