Careers / Positions Business Operations Manager - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. We make healthcare more accessible and transparent for consumers by differentiating providers on the basis of patient satisfaction, physician experience and hospital outcomes.The role of Business Operations Manager will be a key contributor on the Revenue Operations team, helping to process, audit, and automate the digital month end cycle, as well as macro level delivery and revenue projections. The successful candidate will have a recent connection in digital media, experience with revenue recognition and basic accounting principles.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for all month end closing/billing processes for Revenue Operations including OMS configuration & documentation
- Manage and communicate delivery and pacing
- Reconcile dollars billed vs. delivered & contracted for Revenue Accounting
- Research Client Services/agency billing questions to determine existence of discrepancies and provide solutions
- Investigate ad delivery tracking problems to determine the source of the break in data
- Confirm RFI amounts, exploring reasons for invoice changes
- Manage proactive calls with Ad Ops Managers/Media Planners to ensure ad campaigns are implemented correctly
- Ensure exception-based campaigns such as contract scheduled are implemented and billed correctly
- Coordinate approvals on all internal and external audits
- Drive revenue by effectively reducing need for invoice adjustments
- Train Ad Ops Managers in aspects of campaign management relevant to billing
- Send Monthly Client Exports to clients for billing confirmations
- Prepare reports on error tracking, recommending training or other improvements if negative trends rise
- Increase Sales satisfaction with billing process and commission recognition
- Validate deferred revenue and accruals on ad campaigns
- Own billing process over entire campaign cycle
- Document invoice adjustments
- Investigate audit issues and prepare documentation on discrepancies
- Define Business Operations standards and document departmental processes
- Manage and resolve issues prior to accounting accrual notification
- Present billing processes and train new Ad Ops Managers/Media Planners in proper campaign implementation
- Improve revenue recognition by reducing the number of campaigns unbilled
- Partner with operational teams to create streamlined/accurate data availability using technologies such as Ad-Juster/DVPS or Tableau
- Ensuring adherence to client credit approvals
- Partner with other Rev Ops Resources to manage workflows in automated systems
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience managing online display media campaigns
- 2+ years experience populating and analyzing media data
- Power user of Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with Tableau/Looker or similar Data Visualization Tools a plus
- Experience automating processes and reporting
- Comfortable with all aspects of media math and cost types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures as they relate to advertising systems administration and management.
- Ability to influence executives, managers, and peers to align around project goals, timelines, and performance expectations
- Ability to coach and train co-workers on policies, processes, and best practices
- Ability to respond calmly, quickly, and decisively to unpredictable or unexpected events and changes
- Ability to identify and document risks, obstacles, completed activities, etc.
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $90,000 - $110,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.