Careers / Positions Senior Personal Finance Editor - NextAdvisor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
NextAdvisor, the fast-growing personal finance brand published in partnership with TIME, is hiring a Senior Editor to conceive, assign, and develop reported stories that help readers take control over their money.
NextAdvisor is a source of both information and inspiration, so we prefer a candidate with experience in service journalism as well as a knack for telling compelling stories with fascinating characters. This editor will manage staff writers and freelancers, develop editorial plans, and be responsible for the creative and operational strategy of a given beat or site section. Knowledge of social media best practices, audience growth strategies, and digital-first publishing is helpful. Experience working in a newsroom environment is preferred.
Many of our team members are based in New York and Charlotte, but this role can be filled remotely.
What You'll Do
- Assign, edit, and write enterprising journalism that fits the editorial standards of NextAdvisor and TIME
- Own the creative vision and operational strategy of a specific beat or topic, producing work that contributes to timely conversations and helps readers make informed decisions
- Manage full-time reporters and freelancers, setting their daily priorities and developing their reporting and writing skills over time
- Understand key audience engagement metrics and allow them to inform the team’s editorial strategy and decision-making process
What We're Looking For
- 3-5+ years of editorial experience, including management and coaching of writers
- Superb research, writing, and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Consistency in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing workload
- Ability to adapt and pivot
- A willingness to work and manage team members remotely
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
At NextAdvisor, we help people make smart moves that make a big impact on their wealth. We publish time-tested strategy guides, new perspectives on the economy, and analysis of the latest tools and products.Learn More about NextAdvisor
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.