Careers / Positions Personal Finance Editor - NextAdvisor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
NextAdvisor, the fast-growing personal finance brand published in partnership with TIME, is hiring an Editor.
This editor will be responsible for assigning, writing, and editing reported stories that help readers take control over their money. You’ll work closely with staff writers and senior editors to produce high-quality service journalism on a specific beat or topic — including short news items, enterprising features, and compassionate advice. You’ll also collaborate with and help to manage a network of freelancers.
NextAdvisor is a source of both information and inspiration, so we prefer a candidate with journalism experience, as well as a love for telling compelling stories with fascinating characters. This role involves both writing and editing; the balance will be determined by the candidate’s strengths and the changing priorities of the NextAdvisor team. Knowledge of social media best practices, audience growth strategies, and digital-first publishing is helpful. Experience working in a newsroom environment is preferred.
Many of our team members are based in New York and Charlotte, but this role can also be filled remotely.
What You'll Do
- Edit, write, and publish high-quality articles that fit the editorial standards of NextAdvisor and TIME
- Contribute to coverage of a specific beat or focus area, producing enterprising work that contributes to topical conversations and helps readers make informed decisions.
- Work with freelancers, helping to assign and edit their work
- Understand key engagement metrics and how to integrate audience feedback into your work
What We're Looking For
- 1-3 years of editorial experience
- Superb research, writing, and communication skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Consistency in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizing workload
- Ability to adapt and pivot
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
At NextAdvisor, we help people make smart moves that make a big impact on their wealth. We publish time-tested strategy guides, new perspectives on the economy, and analysis of the latest tools and products.Learn More about NextAdvisor
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.