Careers / Positions Editor - Education
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Education team at Red Ventures helps students research and find the right online school because we believe education should be more accessible. We write school rankings lists, scholarship guides, and student life stories to reach students of all backgrounds. We’re seeking an editor to help us create and publish more content.
The editor will recruit and onboard new writers, create assignment outlines, edit content, and provide feedback to writers. The ideal candidate has an eye for detail and a creative mind, pitching ideas for new content and helping the writer bring the information to life. As part of a collaborative team, the editor will also work with SEO analysts and content marketers to make sure our content reaches the right audience.
What You'll Do
- Assign and edit weekly articles
- Develop relationships with freelance writers, create assignment outlines, and answer questions
- Brainstorm and implement new content ideas
- Maintain our in-house style guide and resources
- Use SEO writing best practices to optimize content for search
- Understand and steer content strategy across multiple websites
What We're Looking For
- Experience in content, writing, or editing
- Familiarity with adhering to style guidelines
- A portfolio of written or edited content (digital portfolios and personal blogs welcome)
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects at once
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.