Careers / Positions Data Engineer - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Data engineers at Red Ventures drive business value by transferring and transforming data for consumption by data analysts, business analysts and data scientists. You will join a team of highly skilled engineers who design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions spanning the entire data lifecycle: from raw data ingestion to analytic data models.
Some of these solutions involve the building of pipelines in support of a central data warehouse, while others are custom builds tailored to satisfy specific use cases. The data engineering team is at the forefront of the technical side of data processing.
What You'll Do
- Building large scale data pipelines using Spark and Scala to ingest, process and write data per our documented standards.
- Work with a cross functional team of data analysts, business analysts and data scientists to understand end user requirements.
- Design scalable solutions across distributed systems utilizing cutting edge cloud and big data technologies.
- Troubleshoot and support existing pipelines, where required.
What We're Looking For
- Spark: DataFrames, SparkSQL, Scala (Java is also acceptable) to ingest and perform required data transformations.
- SQL: familiarity with query writing using SQL.
- Data warehousing: techniques involved in support of one (facts, dimensions, star schema, snowflake schema).
- Operational support: ability to research and troubleshoot potential issues presented by stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies: most specifically, within the AWS ecosystem is nice to have but not required.
- Experience working with massive parallel processing database technologies (eg, Redshift, Teradata, Netezza) is nice to have but not required.
- Experience with connecting to and processing diverse data ingestion end points (eg, SFTP sites, APIs, S3 buckets) is nice to have but not required.
- COVID-19 Update:
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.