Careers / Positions Senior Data Scientist - Red Digital
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Digital at Red Ventures is an AI-powered marketing solutions business focused on helping companies maximize their potential. As a Senior Data Scientist on the Red Digital team, you will work with multiple functional teams to create innovative solutions to solve business problems related with the full funnel digital marketing optimization. You will see your contributions make a material impact to business decision support, process automation and experience optimization online or offline.
What You'll Do
- You will be a key contributor of the overall technology and organizational strategy for the data science team and broader Red Ventures organization.
- Understand business strategy and identify innovative data science opportunities that can lead to significant business impact.
- Sets strategy and execution plan for large data science initiatives, projects and programs.
- Drives projects forwards with high efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foresees technical, business and execution risks in projects and strategically makes decisions to mitigate them.
- Brings relevant state-of-the-art data science technologies to the team and leads by example to establish best practices.
- Mentor and/or manage junior data science team members and serve as a subject matter of expertise in data science internally and externally.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of relevant industry and/or academia experiences with a MS or PhD degree in STEM with specialization in machine learning, statistical modeling and optimization
- Proficient at collecting and mining data from disparate data sources, and willing to dig deeper and understand the process that creates the data
- Ability to create visualizations to help tell stories about the data (ggplot2, Seaborn, matplotlib, d3)
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: Python, R, Scala
- Experience with distributed computing: Hive/Hadoop, Spark, AWS
- Capable of translating business opportunities into data science problems and defining the right project scope and performance metric to measure success.
- Analytical and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize, execute and deliver projects on time
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets
- Hands on experience with each part of the data science toolkit, including statistical analyses, hypothesis testing, and data cleaning/feature engineering.
- Experience building predictive models inside a statistical computing environment (e.g., Rstudio, Jupyter Notebook, Databricks)
- Proficiency in deploying data science solutions in a live, production environment, especially in near real-time settings (ex: models embedded into a REST API)
- Knowledge and experience in digital marketing and e-commerce including marketing channel optimization, customer behavior/journey modeling and prediction, product recommendation systems, online testing etc
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Committed team player who is proactive, takes ownership over the success of their projects, and works hard to support those around them
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.