Careers / Positions Supervising Video Producer - CNET
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET is seeking a Supervising Video Producer to lead our Louisville video team. We're looking for a results-oriented leader with strong organizational skills, who embraces risk and innovation. Someone with a strong shooter and editor background who is able to teach, develop and give feedback effectively to continue to grow the talent on our team. The ideal candidate should be passionate about consumer advice, and have a deep understanding of social media trends, content trends, as well as emerging technologies and platforms.
What You’ll Do
- Motivate and mentor your team to help colleagues grow and create unique, visual, emotional and compelling content.
- Collaborate across-teams to refine and revise video formats & pitches so the scope of content in production meets business needs.
- Assist in the overall CNET video strategy, and growth planning to deliver superior video content that educates and inspires.
- Manage the Louisville production workflow (including scripting, pre-production, production and post-production) to meet publishing goals and craft high quality video for CNET’s platforms and its partners.
- Lead daily meetings, communicate initiatives and participate in regular brainstorms with the CNET team to pitch stories and new ideas that help ensure we are always producing the most innovative content possible.
- Collaborate with colleagues to organize video coverage efforts for breaking news, live events, product launches, special features, and general assignments.
- Occasionally jump-in to shoot and edit videos yourself as needed, for high profile projects or to help meet deadlines.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with your direct reports, and provide feedback, coaching and guidance as needed.
What We’re Looking For
- A demo reel or portfolio of work (include in application).
- 5+ years of hands on video production that includes the use of professional camera and lighting equipment, and Adobe Premiere Pro editing software.
- 2 + years of experience managing a team of producers & editors.
- Experience creating and publishing content for mobile and social audiences using Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Knowledge of current internet publishing trends, SEO principles, and YouTube best practices.
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of education and experience - broadcast journalism, communications, or related field preferred.
Who We Are
CNET Media Group is a pioneer in digital media. CNET, a leading global technology news brand, has grown over 25 years to cover all aspects of technology in our lives, including automotive coverage at Roadshow and Spanish-language technology coverage at CNET en Español. CNET paved the way for CNET Media Group, an expansive portfolio of digital media brands that advise consumers across leading consumer tech, business tech, gaming, and entertainment media brands including ZDNet, a leader in B2B focused content and Gamespot, a renowned games information brand in the US, according to ComScore. The portfolio also includes revered entertainment and lifestyle brands like TVGuide, Metacritic, and Chowhound.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.