Careers / Positions Senior Staff Accountant
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Based on our company growth and recent acquisitions we are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join the Red Ventures Health team. This person will be responsible for the financial accounting and analysis for multiple high-growth business units. Ideal candidates will possess a fun, positive, energetic attitude and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. This position will have an immediate impact and daily exposure to our executive leadership team.
What You'll Do:
- Assist with revenue process redesign and automation including implementation of key systems
- Work closely with division controller on potential future transactional activity
- Assist with design and implementation of control processes for significant cycles
- Perform revenue close procedures on-time and in accordance with US GAAP, including revenue and deferred revenue journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Prepare a wide variety of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Participation of recurring month-end close activities
- Supplier Invoice and requisitions reviews and approvals for business operations
- Monthly Capex/CIP reconciliations
- Annual audit support
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of AR sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Preparing monthly financial statements
- Provide financial support to business leaders in monthly forecasting and annual operating plan
- Prepare ad hoc business case analysis, including financial models and analysis of business trends
- Reviewing and analyzing data from external sites
- Ensuring adequate financial and internal controls
- Preparing presentations for management reviews and quarterly board meetings
- Performing financial analyses and special projects as requested
- Providing financial data to shareholders as requested.
What We're Looking For
- Preferred Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting
- At least 2 years of public accounting experience and demonstrable success as indicated by progressively more responsible roles
- Proficiency utilizing financial systems and reporting packages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- An affinity to improve the efficiency of processes by implementing automations and/or technology
- Experience with Workday, Oracle and MySQL, a plus
- Experience with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, a plus
- Knowledge of public company accounting, reporting and internal control considerations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Good organizational skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player
- Good sense of humor!
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.