Careers / Positions Editorial Designer - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline is actively seeking an innovative, hyper-creative, multidisciplinary Editorial Designer responsible for bringing Healthline’s brand and content to life with an emphasis on conceptual design and visual storytelling. We use a variety of design disciplines and media forms to create compelling custom content that spans the entire Healthline publishing platform and other strategic channels, creating a memorable experience that sets Healthline apart in the health space. As a thoughtful internal partner to various teams across the business, the Editorial Designer will work on the Design team, reporting to our Senior Editorial Design Manager. They must be highly collaborative and fueled by the desire to stand with everyone who steps up to own their health and well-being. They will play an essential role in shaping, sustaining and evolving the Healthline brand and user loyalty.
Come (literally) change lives and build something great with us!
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Design, Editorial, Social, Product and Marketing on creating visual content that will live throughout the publishing platform and other strategic channels
- Collaborate cross-departmentally + give and receive effective feedback
- Proven ability to use all types of media and design techniques. Demonstrate taste in layout, typography, photography and visual hierarchy
- Understands design strategy, able to take projects from concept to production and thoughtfully considers how their designs can support the project’s vision, the team’s goals, and the company objectives
- Ensure a high standard of visual execution and brand consistency in every article and across all platforms
- Exhibit a deep understanding of our mission and values, demonstrating an innovative approach to storytelling and conceptual design
- Present work to upper management for approval
What We’re Looking For
- A strong portfolio and 3+ years of experience as a multi-disciplinary visual designer
- A proven track record of success. Awards are cool, results are cooler
- Ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts using Adobe Creative Suite as well as the latest art and design packages
- The confidence to explain and support your thinking, both internally and externally
- A keen eye for visual details and accuracy
- The resilience to perform under pressure and deliver high-quality work to tight deadlines in a very fast paced environment
- An innovative approach to storytelling and conceptual design
- Ability to take direction well and work as a team
- Someone that is energized by our vision to create a stronger, healthier world and can empathize with our audience
- A natural born collaborator with a proven ability to work across teams to get things done.
- Passion and broad understanding of brand, design, advertising, social media, and layout
- Awareness of digital media and editorial brands
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.