Careers / Positions Associate Editor, Medical News Today - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Medical News Today is looking for a talented and collaborative associate editor to join our content team. In this role, you’ll assign, edit and publish high quality product content that provides medically reviewed, accurate information on a range of health products and brands to educate, empower and inspire MNT readers to take healthy actions.
As an Associate Editor, you’ll work closely with the SEO team, freelance writers, medical reviewers, designers, and copy editors to create and move content through the publishing process. You’ll assess existing writers, increase and improve our existing writer pool, and help identify and connect with high-quality new writers. You’ll work with freelance writers by answering queries, providing feedback, and monitoring deadlines. You’ll also collaborate with marketing, social, and production. You’ll monitor the success of your content by using Google Analytics. You’ll also work closely with the senior editor to monitor the success of projects. You’ll brainstorm content ideas as a team and own various editorial projects.
What You'll Do
- Independently handle edits from initial review, through copy edit, med review, design, and publishing.
- Assign, fact check, edit, and rewrite content according to the specific editorial standards of our portfolio of brands
- Manage relationships with freelance editors, writers, influencers and patient advocates
- Work with multiple departments including editorial, social, design, sales and marketing, and production
- Coordinate and manage assets for content
- Ensure timely publication of content
- Work closely with the Senior Editor to monitor the success of projects and brainstorm content ideas and own various editorial projects.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- At least 1 years of editorial experience
- Superb research, writing, and editing skills, with an excellent understanding of AP style
- Experience with creating content based on product and SEO best practices
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone
- Ability to turn research and writing projects around quickly
- Solid skills in meeting deadlines, managing multiple projects, and prioritizing workload
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfort making content decisions
- Proficiency in WordPress and Google Suite
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
Who We Are
Medical News Today, a part of Healthline Media, is one of the top five health information sites in the U.S. (per ComScore), and we’re growing. Every month, more than 35 million people come to us for in-depth, clinical content and the latest news in medical research. Using peer reviewed studies and reputable sources, our immensely talented and curious editors and writers create more than 250 pieces of health content on a monthly basis.
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Healthline Media, Inc. (and our affiliated businesses) is committed to protecting your privacy. This notice seeks to explain our approach, in line with current data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018.
- Personal Data – Data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data, or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of Healthline Media, Inc.
- Sensitive Data – Personal data consisting of information as to the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition, sexual life, the commission or alleged commission of any offence or any proceedings related to any offence.
Healthline Media, Inc. processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To help secure appropriate candidates to fill vacant positions
- To communicate with you for recruitment purposes
- To consider your application for any role(s) you have applied for
- To consider you for other roles within our business
- To enhance your information with data obtained from third party providers
- To begin the onboarding process for successful candidates
What data do we collect and retain?
Healthline Media, Inc. retains personal data about you to help in our recruitment process. By applying for a position we have advertised or in response to a direct enquiry from you we will retain information including your name, email address, telephone number and home address. Any information you offer which may constitute sensitive information is not retained without additional appropriate consents.
How we use your personal data
Information you supply when applying for a position or registering an interest to work for Healthline Media, Inc. (and our affiliated businesses) is only used for our recruitment process.
How long is Personal Data retained?
We will retain your data on our secure database for a period of not more than six years.
Where do you keep my personal data?
We will retain a copy of your CV in Greenhouse, and may print this document for use during any interview you are invited to attend. After the interview this copy will be securely disposed of.
We are committed to ensuring that your data is kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised disclosure we have in place suitable electronic and access control mechanisms.
Deletion of Data on request
You may contact us at any time to request us to remove personal information about you. We will action any request within an appropriate timeframe, and confirm deletion by email.
How do I know what Information you have retained about me?
You may request access to the information we retain about you. This request should be made in writing and should include the approximate date you registered with us and must be signed by you. Having received a request we will seek to confirm your identity, and will respond to your request by email within 30 days of obtaining proof of identity. Following your request we will either delete or make appropriate changes to your data, as you so wish.
How do we send you information?
Following your request for information we will email you and attach a document in PDF format which will be written in clear, concise and intelligible English.
Transfer of Data
We will not transfer in part or whole any of your personal data to any other party, outside the of Healthline Media, Inc. (and our affiliated businesses). We only transfer data outside of the EEA when Privacy Shield and/or EU Model Clauses have been agreed with our data processors.
All requests should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer c/o Red Ventures
The Cooperage, 5 Copper Row
London SE1 2LH
How do we inform you of policy changes?
Any changes to this policy will be emailed to any individuals whose personal data we have retained on file.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.