Careers / Positions Senior UX Designer - Healthgrades
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthgrades is the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. Healthgrades is part of RV Health and sister company to Healthline Media. We make healthcare more accessible and transparent for consumers by differentiating providers on the basis of patient satisfaction, physician experience, and hospital outcomes.
In this role, you will join a team of talented and creative designers who partner closely with development teams to ensure we deliver exceptional experiences for our consumers. You will design, iterate, and deliver features that enable successful user experiences within our digital products (web and mobile) that help people find and connect with the best health care. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their career while having their work seen by millions of people each year.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the discovery, design, and iteration of products and features for Healthgrades using established design systems and industry best practices
- Moderate user testing sessions using Usertesting.com - synthesize and share findings on your work
- Collaborate with Business Leads, Product Managers, Engineers, and Data Analysts to help brainstorm, plan, and navigate value-added user experience efforts that help meet business and customer goals
- Deliver high-quality, polished visual designs and detailed flows to development teams and stay engaged through design QA
- Prototype unique and engaging interactive tools and experiences
- Advocate for design standards and best practices across the organization
- Utilize and contribute new, accessible, compelling design elements to the design system
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process, and how your final design aligns with both business / customer goals
- Mentor more junior designers and share your insights and experience in critique sessions
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of design experience working on consumer-facing products or equivalent
- An excellent portfolio of work demonstrating a well-developed UX and UI design sense across a range of design challenges and user experiences
- Experience leading workshops and facilitating collaboration across disciplines
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing within a team environment - local and remote
- The ability to communicate design choices clearly and effectively and influence creative strategy and decision-making.
- Skilled in Figma for design, component library creation, and prototyping
- A passion for learning: about the industry, our businesses, evolving standards, and most importantly our users’ needs and pain points
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay Act, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company if based in Colorado. The following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $120,000*
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Bonus: 5%
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to join a team that’s changing the game in the healthcare space? Healthgrades.com is the leading online marketplace to find and connect with the right doctor, the right hospital and the right care. Half of all Americans who visit a doctor this year will visit Healthgrades.com as part of their healthcare journey.Learn More about Healthgrades
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.