Careers / Positions The Points Guy | Content Designer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Two huge brands within Red Ventures’ Travel vertical, Lonely Planet and The Points Guy, are looking for a Content Designer to join the Product Design team. This growing group of highly collaborative and talented designers span UX, Content, Product, and Visual strategy and execution across digital channels, including web, e-commerce, app, email and social media. The Product Design team thrives off of giving and receiving feedback, collaborating, creating simple and engaging user experiences, as well as meeting the needs of the user and the business.
The team is global, so we are open to multiple locations including remote work.
What You'll Do
- Plan and write high-performing content and microcopy for site experiences, e-commerce, mobile app, email and social media.
- Partner with our Product Designers to drive strategy and co-create solutions for complex user problems and deliver best-in-class products for our users.
- Team up with our Editorial Content team to define, document and implement UX writing best practices to inform content strategy.
- Collaborate with UX Research to prepare, document and analyze usability tests, user interviews and other UX deliverables.
- Test and validate content and messaging to ensure our team is properly expressing the brand’s tone and voice, delivering clear instructions to our users and providing a consistent message across multiple channels.
- Use data, user/market research, and industry insights to identify opportunities to improve performance and optimize existing experiences across our digital products.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of professional writing experience in product writing, content design and/or copywriting with a demonstrated record of writing successful copy with measurable results.
- Highly collaborative individual with sprint/co-creation experience working with a cross-functional team to solve complex user problems.
- Building and refining brand messaging, including tone and style guides.
- Solid understanding of UX and digital content best practices and principles.
- Knowledge of SEO and how to best optimize content for search.
- Experience using data to inform strategies on existing digital experiences.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-changing environment.
- Self-starter with ability to steer creative ideation with consideration for the big picture as well as attention to detail.
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaboratively across teams.
- Experience in the travel or credit card industry is preferred, but not required.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.