Careers / Positions Senior Product Designer, Magenta
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Do you enjoy designing human-focused, inclusive experiences? Are you excited about the idea of refreshing and rebuilding multiple brands that are part of a multimillion-dollar industry? Would you consider yourself a brand advocate with strong feelings about what makes for good customer experiences, passion for usability and a penchant for consistent style guides?
If your answers are all unequivocally yes, then you should consider joining our team at Red Ventures! We’re searching for a passionate and creative product designer to join our Magenta Technologies team, where you’ll get a chance to make your mark on an HVAC company brimming with potential.
Note: This role is open to remote work on the East Coast or hybrid remote-office work in Charlotte, NC.
What You’ll Do
- Solve problems in line with business goals, and explore innovative design approaches while working with product teams to plan and build iteratively
- Create and execute detailed wireframes for both desktop and mobile platforms and turn those wireframes into high fidelity design concepts
- Help drive user experience strategy by collaborating in user-centered exercises like co-creation, design sprints, empathy mapping, and journey mapping
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to tackle product challenges, identifying user pain-points and making recommendations to drive end goals
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand technical restrictions and possibilities
- Champion consumer-first led experiences and be an advocate on behalf of our users
- Collaborate with teams and research to test your designs, then iterate and innovate based on data and findings
- Contribute to, help refine and grow multiple brand design systems
- Present and share work with cross-functional teams while clearly communicating design rationale and the importance to end users
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of design experience working on products and websites (consumer facing) heavily informed by design system thinking
- Ability to create solutions from the ground up, including interface & interaction design, wireframing, testing and prototyping
- Solid understanding of the concepts and processes behind design thinking, product strategy, user research, user testing and validation
- A creative portfolio of previous design work, demonstrating empathy for users
- Strong visual design sense, clean command over interaction design, typography and usability
- The ability to communicate design choices clearly and effectively across all functions and levels, and collect, process and respond to feedback
- Can move projects forward independently, keeping stakeholders and the team informed
- Comfortable with change and can operate in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in industry standard tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures spans 5 continents and employs more than 3,500 people. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, Healthline Media, The Points Guy, Bankrate and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
About Magenta Tech
Red Ventures and Trane Technologies are creating a state-of-the-art digital marketing, consumer experience and sales origination company for residential HVAC and other home services. We will still manage the best (branded and non-branded) online properties to attract consumers with diverse monetization strategies. Our competitive advantage will come from superior customer experience and best-in-class technology enabling new and disruptive industry capabilities.
This means our teams are focused on creating a superior world-class user experience that revolutionizes how people shop for their HVAC systems. It also means you’ll help take existing online experiences and make them much more meaningful.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.