Careers / Positions The Points Guy | Credit Cards Writer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy is looking for a reporter to join our credit cards team. This person will help out with our day-to-day coverage of news relating to airline, hotel and general travel rewards credit cards.
They will need to cultivate and leverage their contacts at card issuers to be among the first to report on breaking stories and timely news items, as well as being capable of producing larger trend pieces and thought-provoking features. Detailed research abilities as well as fast and precise writing skills are absolute requirements. Responsibilities will include brainstorming ideas with the editorial team, and writing, editing, and posting stories throughout the day.
What You'll Do
- Track credit card and loyalty program news, then pitch, write, and edit stories based on that information.
- Write news stories ranging from breaking credit card news to in-depth looks at new card features and benefits.
- Research larger features looking at longer-term trends and how recent developments fit into the big pictures.
- Develop and grow a network of credit card industry sources to get regular scoops and help pinpoint breaking news.
- Be creative about covering credit cards in new and engaging ways across TPG’s verticals.
What We're Looking For
- Extensive knowledge of various airline, hotel and credit card loyalty programs along with a network of contacts and sources.
- Understanding of where and how to research information and data on rewards credit cards and whom to reach out to at individual companies or organizations for more information.
- A team player who can easily switch gears from one beat to another, including from rapidly produced news stories to lengthier features according to priorities.
- A passion for points and miles as well as the travel opportunities they can present, plus a strong grasp of the history and differences among the major travel rewards credit card issuers and their respective products.
- Interest in learning about rewards credit cards is strongly encouraged.
- Polished, confident writing and grammar skills, experience writing in AP Style.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 – 5 years of writing and reporting experience in credit cards and/or personal finance.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.