Careers / Positions Data Reporter - Financial Services
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a Data Reporter to join the Bankrate editorial team to surface insights from data and weave it into a compelling narrative to engage and inform our consumer-facing audience. The data reporter will also gather and clean datasets, conduct external research, and connect with multiple sources to help document their processes and publish content that highlights their findings.
The ideal candidate will manage multiple projects and carry each through a process from conception to publication for data-focused feature articles, statistical articles, and shorter news pieces. Additionally, this person will be expected to collaborate with multiple teams including editorial, public relations, outreach, and SEO. A high level of comfort compiling large data sets and building charts and graphs using data-specific tools and languages is a must.
What You'll Do
- Gather, clean and analyze data with the purpose of translating research into engaging, consumer-focused stories
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a fast pace
- Identify, write and edit stories covering personal finance content that will corroborate findings
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Establish and improve data reporting workflow
- Collaborate with the public relations, outreach, and SEO teams to develop strategy and publish data studies, statistical content, and ranked lists
- Monitor news and trends related to personal finance and actively pitch ideas
- Represent Bankrate as an expert spokesperson during media interviews
What We're Looking For
- At least 3 years of experience working with data in a newsroom/media environment or demonstrated ability writing/editing data-driven content for a consumer audience
- A strong understanding of a data analysis language, such as SQL, R and/or Python
- Excellent research, writing, and editorial skills and ability to surface and write compelling narratives from raw data sets
- Ability to effectively communicate your work with teammates and respond to changing priorities and feedback on multiple projects simultaneously
- An ability -- or willingness to learn how -- to create data visualizations to elevate an article
- A passion for content creation and strong track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- An ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the brand
- Experience with AP Style and using content style guides
- Knowledge and interest in personal finance
- Experience as a media spokesperson, such as in TV, radio or podcast interviews, is a plus.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.