Careers / Positions Data Science Manager - (Remote Possible)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Data Science Manager
What You'll Do
- Lead a team of data scientists and data analysts by defining technology strategy, creating and managing a project portfolio, tracking key performance indicators, and driving daily execution to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Provide necessary coaching and assistance to team members on technology development, project execution, and personal development.
- Collaborate effectively with other functions to set team priorities, influence work approaches, and solve operational/organizational challenges.
- Contribute to the organizational strategy as a member of the leadership team in the functional, product, or industry groups.
- Help create and promote an inclusive environment where team members feel comfortable and empowered.
What We Are Looking For
- 4+ years of professional experience in a data science role with an MS or PhD in STEM with a focus in ML, statistical modeling, or optimization
- 2+ years of relevant experience managing a team of data scientists.
- Our core problems to solve are:
website personalization - using contextual multi-armed bandits and other reinforcement learning approaches.
SEO optimization - using natural language processing and generation, deep learning, and explainable supervised learning.
marketplace optimization - using forecasting, multi-level modelling, linear programming, and other constraint-based optimization approaches.
Candidates with specific expertise in any of these areas will be highly preferred.
- Knowledge of end-to-end software development, deployment, and monitoring workflows.
- Ability to develop a team of varied levels of seniority and expertise through direct leadership, training, and feedback.
- Ability to aggregate and assess impact of the team’s work, staff projects accordingly based on technical skills, career goals, and priority.
- Strong business acumen, project management, and priority setting skills.
- Ability to both tactically execute data science priorities and develop capabilities of the team. Ability to create and implement changes when necessary based on efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Experience expanding the knowledge of a DS team on topics where one has special expertise.
- Experience effectively scaling leadership and subsequent impact to a larger team or a larger scope of responsibility.
- Experience leveraging technical expertise to identify the feasibility of potential DS projects, ensuring the team is delivering value on problems that are feasible.
- Experience working with direct reports to create development plans and then actively making available opportunities for growth that align with goals, including the preparation and delivery of reviews.
- Experience contributing to the development of the broader DS team culture and identity.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.