Careers / Positions Social Media Coordinator - Education
At a Glance
As Social Media Coordinator, you will manage the day-to-day activities and assist with launching social brand campaigns to drive audience acquisition and engagement on social for BestColleges and NurseJournal. You will be responsible for bringing both brands to life for our communities across multiple touchpoints. You will focus on our core social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, plus experiment with other platforms like TikTok, Reddit, and YouTube. Partnering closely with the editorial and design teams, you will be responsible for coordinating our social calendar across platforms and assisting with ideating informative content formats to bring to our communities. If you’re passionate about social media trends, a blend of creative and data, emerging platforms, and building community, this role is for you.
What You'll Do
- Manage day-to-day drafting, editing, and posting of social media content, working closely with BestColleges and NurseJournal Social Media Managers.
- Curate content for individual social channels, taking into account trends, awareness events, holidays, and global impacts on the nursing profession.
- Serve as guardian of the brand voice on social and be a key contributor to the brand voice as it evolves.
- Assist in social media onboarding for various internal stakeholders.
- Participate in the brainstorming of new content in collaboration with editorial teams,
- Work with BestColleges and NurseJournal Social Media Managers to refine testing and ROI analysis for content and its performance/engagement.
- Submit design requests for creative assets.
- Assist with audience, competitive, and platform research.
- Identifying key influencers in the education and nursing/nursing student industry.
What We're Looking For
- At least one year of experience managing social media account(s) for a consumer-facing brand or non-profit.
- Comfort posting content across multiple platforms and accounts.
- Excellent understanding of programming campaigns across different platforms to maximize engagement and reach and how to repurpose content across platforms in efficient ways.
- A keen eye for detail and excellent grammar skills.
- A passion for social media, internet culture, and community building.
- Collaborative and curious attitude.
- Knowledge of/passion for education and healthcare careers.
- Nice to have: familiarity with platform management tools (i.e. Sprout, Hootsuite), video editing experience, and Canva.
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 4,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, in addition to several international locations. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including CNET, ZDNet, GameSpot, Metacritic, Healthline, The Points Guy and Bankrate.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.