Careers / Positions Lonely Planet | Associate Photo Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The associate photo editor will be an integral part of the design team, working closely with the photo editor in daily tasks, such as curating article photography, licensing stock photography, and editing photos for publication. They will need to be organized, savvy with spreadsheets, and have good time management skills.
This role will collaborate with design leads, and photo editor to reinforce and strengthen our brand identity and ensure that all visuals meet our guidelines. Candidates should be as creative as they are operationally strong. The position will require attention to detail, ability to multitask, and work on a fast turnaround. This position will also assist with administrative duties directed by the photo editor, with opportunities to help coordinate photo shoots. Knowledge of copy-right law and licensing is a plus.
What You'll Do
- Assist photo editor in sourcing dynamic, brand oriented visuals for high priority projects
- Curate inspired, and authentic imagery that furthers our storytelling and enhances our brand standards for daily publication
- Focus on curating a diverse range of photo research in keeping with our diversity, equity and inclusion goals for visuals
- Crop, edit, retouch and color correct images for daily publication
- License and negotiate with vendors and photographers
- Track DEI measures on published and updated LP articles
- Assist in DAM management and classification of images
What We're Looking For
- Proven ability to work efficiently on high volume of images and meet deadlines
- Strong photo editing skills, and experience utilizing stock photography resources
- Ability to work closely on ideating and bringing to life visual stories with editorial, video, and design teams
- Strong understanding of how brand executes with imagery while maintaining quality
- Producing original shoot and studio experience a plus, but if not, a desire to learn is just as valuable
- Strong research, analysis and problem solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Ability to work simultaneously on several projects in various stages of development
- Ability to take and give constructive visual feedback
- Passion for travel and photography
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.