Careers / Positions PR Specialist
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are seeking a highly motivated, organized individual with a proven track record of success to join our communications team in Midtown Manhattan. The public relations specialist will help grow brand awareness and media placement for Red Ventures and its category-leading financial services websites Bankrate and CreditCards.com. Our experts regularly appear on national television outlets such as ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business and many others. Our properties are also a fixture in print (The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, USA Today, etc.) and on the radio (NPR, ABC News Radio, CBS Radio and more).
What You'll Do
- Write strategic news releases and pitches for distribution to media sources
- Maintain relationships with reporters to garner positive coverage in all types of media, including print, broadcast and online
- Data analysis of national survey results
- Provide rapid responses to media inquiries, ensuring that reporters get accurate and appropriate information
- Develop innovative approaches to distribute content and promote the company
- Develop and manage media lists and databases
- Track, download and report on media coverage
What We're Looking For
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Highly motivated and organized
- 3+ years of public relations experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.