Careers / Positions Front End Engineer, Travel, Authenticated Experiences
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy is looking for a talented Front End Software Engineer to join our new Authenticated Experiences team. We’re looking for experienced, professional engineers with go-anywhere, do-anything attitudes to help us build a highly scalable and performant website to match our exponential growth. Our goal is to help the world return to travel safely and ambitiously, with all the tools they need to carry them through their travels. Each day, you'll create and optimize consumer facing applications and user experiences with rich interactivity in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment. We’re all about learning and personal development—you’ll have space to be curious and will be encouraged to push the boundaries and think outside the box before settling on a solution. You’ll work closely across the disciplines with Product, QA, DevOps, Data Engineering, and Backend Engineering to pinpoint areas of opportunity and optimization and lean in to help achieve the results. We offer exciting projects, plenty of space for career growth, and also, a pretty great bunch of peers who believe in having fun and working hard in equal measure.
What You'll Do
- Build excellent user interfaces on top of the platform and services that power Red Ventures’ travel businesses. Look out at the world of flights, hotels, upgrades, loyalty status, stopovers, credit cards, points and miles. Build rich, intuitive User Interfaces to help our customers optimize their travel habits.
- Figure out how to best scale, secure, maintain, and extend the application.
- Integrate internal and external APIs performantly.
- Collaborate with the product management team and other developers to deliver a quality product that meets business needs
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of software development experience with a knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Our authenticated experience Front End includes Node.js and React/Redux. You should have operational experience with this stack or similar.
- Experience of working with modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Experience with TDD and test frameworks such as Jest, Mocha and Chai
- Experience integrating a variety of API paradigms such as ReST and GraphQL
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your colleagues
- Experience building and scaling high-performance distributed systems
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Experience and exposure to DevOps cultures and practices
- Experience with Terraform
- Familiarity with modern application design, such as serverless, event-based, and functional architectures
- Experience building services that support both web and mobile app clients
- Experience and strong opinions with regard to agile methodologies. Inclination to help the team improve our SDLC.
- Interest in both frontend and backend development
- Contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with the travel industry and/or experience with the points and miles hobby.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.