Careers / Positions Lonely Planet | Special Projects Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Lonely Planet is seeking a detail-oriented, curiosity-driven Special Projects Editor to join a growing digital team that is expanding the way we tell stories about travel.
What You'll Do
- Assign, edit, and write creative feature stories that inspire travelers and help them plan and manage their trips
- Cultivate a strong stable of diverse, expert freelance writers in the travel space
- Develop innovative online content packages that can take shape across multiple platforms, including Google Stories, Apple News, and Flipboard
- Reimagine our print titles (including Best in Travel, Ultimate Travel List, and more) as digital stories and experiences
- Work directly and collaboratively with our SEO, print, marketing, and video teams to help support and promote our suite of content
- Building stories in our CMS
- Fact checking and copyediting
- Support senior-level editors in cross-team initiatives
- Occasional travel on assignment
What We're Looking For
- Degree from a four-year college in media, journalism, writing, or a related field
- Proven track record working in a digital editorial environment for 3-5 years
- Ability to work quickly and on deadline
- Comfort writing engaging stories for a digital audience
- Curiosity about people and places and an eagerness to show the world through a new lens; Specific destination or travel category expertise is a plus
- Passion for creative storytelling and a reputation as an innovative, adaptable project manager
- Fresh perspective to keep evolving Lonely Planet’s successful, long-standing campaigns
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.