Careers / Positions BackEnd Developer, RV Home
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is seeking a skilled Backend Engineer to join our team. Within RV Home, we bring innovative products and services to life for the benefit of our strategic business partnerships. You will be responsible for being a technology thought leader in an ever growing technology team. We are looking for someone who creatively solves problems, shares ideas for the betterment of others, and pushes the boundaries of current technology. You will be responsible for multiple solutions and creating a cohesive architecture across smaller platforms. If you are someone who wants to be challenged and not just report to work, we want to talk to you.
Enjoy building Integrations with national brands, or API’s used by thousands every day? Each day, you'll create, code and optimize applications and services in a workplace where you can see the impact of your ideas. We are all about teamwork, accountability, innovation, and a customer-first approach. We work hard but do so in a collaborative, fun, and flexible work environment.
Don’t meet all the requirements, but feel you would be a great fit, we encourage you to please apply and outline how your experience fits!
What You'll Do
- Build services that power our marketing technology by integrating with 3rd party services and our central product platform.
- Use a DevOps model, utilizing metrics and monitoring to manage our services.
- Continually look for opportunities to build value in the codebase: set standards, build tools, and automate jobs to make yourself and your team better and faster.
- Add to a culture that loves experimentation, Agile development, and intellectual curiosity
- Be part of building a positive team environment
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years server-side experience in technologies such as Node, Golang, PHP, or C#
- Experience with GraphQL and GraphDB
- Experience designing and building APIs for a variety of clients.
- Understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
- Experience using databases as part of a transactional system.
- Analytical and detail-oriented minds with ability to execute and deliver projects on time
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience with a CI/CD pipeline
- Ideal team players: hungry, humble, and smart! We value those who are curious, eager to learn, and strive to be great people to work with
- AWS experience
- Terraform experience
- Production experience with Docker and cloud environments like AWS
- Experience with GraphQL, MongoDB, and DynamoDB
- Experience with architectural design, creating diagrams and communicating to stakeholders
- Understand and know when to leverage various web services, software tools, and software architecture approaches to autonomously design scalable, maintainable, secure, and reusable solutions
- Experience with test driven workflows to ensure high quality and continuous integration of software.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.