Careers / Positions Trade Marketing Visual Designer, Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Lonely Planet is looking for a Trade Marketing Visual Designer reporting to the Trade Marketing Manager and is responsible for developing effective and high-quality visual design for Lonely Planet’s publishing business that maximises sell-in to trade accounts and sell-through to consumers.
In 2022 Lonely Planet will be implementing a new logo and brand identity as well as launching a range of new publishing series and products. The successful applicant will be required to create design work that adheres to Lonely Planet’s new brand guidelines and to develop an expert understanding of the brand’s print publishing product range and market positioning.
This role will work across a broad range of print and digital design projects to create sales and marketing support materials to service Lonely Planet’s global print sales teams, as well as assets for trade accounts to promote our books in-store and online. Experience as a visual designer, adept in creatively responding to design briefs and accurately interpreting and implementing feedback, is required to be successful in this position. Additionally, a keen attention to detail, great project management skills, and the ability to work autonomously are essential. Passion for travel is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the Trade Marketing Manager and Trade Marketing Coordinator to design all sales and marketing materials to support Lonely Planet’s publishing business. These will include:
- Sales tools: catalogues, stocklists, sales presentations
- Trade marketing and media assets: product advertisements, social media assets, product photography
- Landing page design: Lonely Planet’s online store and Amazon A+ content pages
- Point of sale design: merchandising solutions, window displays, gift-with-purchase products
- Motion design: creating animated assets, developing video trailer concepts and storyboards to be provided to video editors to produceMaintain an up-to-date and accurate resource of sales and marketing design work for all stakeholders to access
- Contribute to sales, marketing and publishing brainstorms and discussions
- Research Lonely Planet’s competitor landscape across travel and other related categories. Identify design trends, challenges and opportunities and provide analysis to team
- Contribute to post-campaign reporting: providing results, assessment and suggestions for improvement as required
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of graphic design industry experience
- Strong understanding of design and current trends in travel, book publishing, childrens products and/or consumer retail categories
- Ability to own design projects with a large scope that include implementation across multiple channels
- Expert skills using Adobe Creative Suite programs: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat
- Comprehensive experience producing visual design across typography, publication/catalogue design, illustration, photography, motion and/or video
- Expertise setting up design files for print production and digital
- Strong organisation and time management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills including written and interpersonal. This is a global role that will collaborate with colleagues in a variety of timezones
- Ability to work autonomously and on a range of projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, Lonely Planet and Healthline. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures