Careers / Positions Sr. Software Engineer | The Points Guy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy, a Division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to join our team in Austin, Charlotte, NY or Remotely. We’re looking for experienced, professional engineers with go-anywhere, do-anything attitudes to build value for our customers and our team. Yes, you should write clean, performant, testable code in a variety of languages across our microservices. But you’ll also dive into logs and metrics with our DevOps group and take responsibility for the way your code performs in the cloud. You’ll pair up with automation engineers to isolate and eliminate bugs. You’ll collaborate with our security team for audits and penetration tests. You’ll talk with product management to align code to customers’ needs. You’ll sync with data analysts and data scientists to build rich AI-enabled experiences and make sure we can build a clear understanding of how to improve our products. You’ll have the opportunity to present interesting work and celebrate wins at our biannual internal tech conferences. We offer ambitious projects, a rich teamwork environment, space to grow your career and your skills and — once the pandemic is over — a hefty supply of free breakfast tacos.
What You'll Do
- Write excellent code on the platform and services that power Red Ventures’ travel businesses. Look out at the world of flights, hotels, upgrades, loyalty status, stopovers, credit cards, points and miles. Build tools to make it computable and help our customers optimize their travel habits.
- Figure out how to best scale, secure, maintain, and extend the platform.
- Metrics. Monitoring. Profiling. Analytics.
- Collaborate with the product management team and other developers to deliver a quality product that meets business needs.
- Work together with QA to squash any bugs.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Our backend stacks include Node.js (Express, NestJS), Java (Spring), and Golang applications. Production experience with these, and/or similar languages and frameworks.
- We are open to full stack candidates and candidates experienced with consumer-facing web applications.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Knowledge of databases, data modeling, query optimization, and caching. Postgres experience is a plus
- AWS experience is a plus
- Terraform experiences is a plus
- Experience in unit testing
- Experience with a CI/CD pipeline
- Experience designing and building APIs for a variety of clients.
- Understanding of how to build and consume REST APIs
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your colleagues
- Experience with a variety of API paradigms such as REST, GraphQL, gRPC, Webhooks, Websockets, event-driven architectures.
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Terraform
- Familiarity with modern application design, such as serverless, event-based, and functional architectures
- Experience building services that support both web and mobile app clients
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Interest in both frontend and backend development
- Contributions to open source projects
- Familiarity with the travel industry and experience with the points and miles hobby.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.