Careers / Positions Lonely Planet | Video Editor
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The editor/preditor will work with producers across the Lonely Planet team to bring compelling original travel content to life. This editor/preditor will not simply respond to an assignment and cut to order - the ideal candidate will ideate and conceive of innovative story forms and executions catered to an online audience. We are looking for a candidate with a strong video editing background and a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to deliver work that is engaging across social platforms. The editor/preditor should have experience creating content for YouTube and optimizing edits for an online audience. The editor/preditor will also oversee the data management/archival process for the Lonely Planet video team and will work closely with the production manager on tracking post-production status across various projects.
What You'll Do
- Manage the day-to-day post-production of content for Lonely Planet, liaising with the production manager and working with producers and outside contributors on upcoming content for both editorial and commissioned projects.
- Contribute and collaborate in the creation of original content for our social channels, working with producers to find the best way to transform an idea into a visual story.
- Edit video ranging from short-form social pieces to longer-form YouTube episodics.
- Collaborate on defining style and branding techniques for new video formats and series that give our video a unique voice.
- Create and incorporate motion graphics and style templates.
- Collaborate on optimizing a post production/archival workflow.
- Lead the post-production, publishing and archival processes.
- Oversee archival of all video assets.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience editing digital video
- Expert-level abilities in Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Ability to collaborate closely and enthusiastically with small teams
- Must have a proven track record of solid editorial judgment and a digital portfolio that demonstrates innovation, creativity, and sophistication.
- Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines and be able to juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- Strong organizational skills in post production software and project management
- Experience creating and incorporating motion graphics, understanding how they can be utilized to enhance visual storytelling.
- Must be open to and excited about experimenting with new ideas and working with collaborators.
- A strategic mind with a bend towards testing and iterating to find what resonates with Lonely Planet audiences
- A passion for travel, a global mindset, and the mission of Lonely Planet
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.