Careers / Positions Associate Copy Editor - Healthline
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline Media is looking for a talented and versatile copy editor to join our team. We produce health and wellness content that educates, inspires, and connects with people across our four brands: Healthline, Greatist, Psych Central, and Medical News Today. As the final set of eyes on articles, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the highest level of quality that separates Healthline Media content from the rest.
What You'll Do
- Edit clinical and lifestyle content for style, tone, and flow
- Correct grammar, punctuation, and formatting errors
- Conform content to in-house style, including evolving conscious language guidelines
- Review sources for quality and proper citation format
- Collaborate with editors and medical reviewers to resolve inaccuracies
- Perform quality control on published content
- Provide feedback to editors on quality of work
- Update in-house style guide and documentation
- Contribute to project work as assigned
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, journalism, or related field
- At least 1 year of editorial experience
- Experience with health and wellness/lifestyle content
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent understanding of AP style
- Hawk-like ability to catch errant punctuation and grammatical mistakes
- Astute sense of appropriate voice and tone
- Knack for making content flow
- Love of language
- Interest in trending health and wellness topics
- Strong skills in meeting deadlines and prioritizing workload
- Proficiency with Google Suite and tracked changes in Microsoft Word
- Experience with a content management system
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.