Careers / Positions Head of Product | The Points Guy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Passionate about working at the intersection of digital products and travel? The Points Guy is looking for a Head of Product to drive development and integration of its digital products. This highly skilled platform owner will power a new generation of rich customer experiences, advertiser opportunities and platform integrations.
In this role you will lead a team of product specialists and work closely across our engineering, data, revenue and marketing teams to design and deliver outstanding new products (with app and site to start). This role requires a passion for product management, understanding of product planning, intellectual curiosity, and ability to communicate with internal/external stakeholders. Using our in-house data from The Points Guy business, you will deploy and scale digital products that will deliver business growth.
What You'll Do
- Lead the team and own the development of our site and app products – including but not limited to product roadmap and strategy via defining requirements, use cases, product lifecycle management, and tracking product development
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineer, UX, design, data, and business stakeholders to ensure awareness and alignment on priorities and goals
- Assess product development sprints and enhancement opportunities
- Develop overall product business strategy and lead a team to ensure feature and functionality releases that are aligned with this strategy
- Build a strong partnership with internal teams to gain a deep understanding of our platform and infrastructure technology
- Maintain a high level of engagement with stakeholders through weekly updates as well as written and verbal communication
- Monitor product development sprints and evaluate results; develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of product ownership, with technical product management experience
- Ability to research and understand industry and competitor trends to inform roadmaps and strategy
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset with a keen eye towards innovation
- Team player passionate to work in a dynamic, performance-driven environment to identify and solve compelling business challenges
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience with JIRA
- Proficient in SQL, BigQuery, or DataGrip
- Strong analytical, strategic and coordinating skills
- Proficient in Google Analytics, Segment, Iterable, or a different segmentation platform
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.