Careers / Positions Senior Account Executive- Lonely Planet
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Senior Account Executive is responsible for maintaining, building and exceeding advertising revenue goals on Lonely Planet. Successful candidates will also demonstrate an ability to work independently in a fast paced environment to achieve results, despite obstacles. We want someone who loves our product and knows how to sell creative solutions to our partners.
What You'll Do
- Manage a sales quota across multiple accounts in the United States
- Define and own account plans to unlock investments and drive client’s key business objectives
- Own forecasting and accurate client analysis to support team planning
- Utilize extensive knowledge of assigned clients, including their internal structure, agency partners, etc. to uncover new opportunities for revenue
- Expert on social media, content marketing, and digital video
- Establish and foster relationships with clients by conducting a high volume of face-to-face meetings/calls
- Prioritize and lead to ensure proper account management both internally and externally
- Establish oneself as a thought leader within the digital community and evangelize Lonely Planet’s unique positioning within the marketplace
- Ability to stay ahead of the curve on marketplace trends relating to their clients as well as the digital industry
What We're Looking For
- Sales professional with an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in a team, goal oriented environment
- At least 5 years of proven advertising sales experience with at least 3 years in the content space
- Have a strong desire to win and grow as digital ad sales professional
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Well-developed presentation skills
- Ability to manage stress well, and juggle multiple account challenges at once
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent training and experience
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must successfully pass a background check
Must be willing to travel based on the locations of the key accounts located throughout the US.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.