Careers / Positions Senior Java Software Engineer - CNET (Remote)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
CNET is the premier online content network for information and entertainment in Red Ventures’ Media & Technology Division. CNET is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to play a lead role within our Commerce Engineering team. The Commerce team is responsible for building out technical solutions that deliver on affiliate based revenue strategies for the CNET brand. The Senior Software Engineer role will design and deliver critical commerce focused datasource, tools, backend systems and APIs for the brand. Our technical stack runs in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and takes advantage of Google Managed Services such as DataProc, PubSub and other Google based solutions. The Senior Software Engineer will be working closely with the Commerce team on maintaining and building new features for the tech stack in GCP using technologies such as mySQL, MongoDB, PHP, JAVA, JQuery and Vue. Deployment and monitoring solutions include Jenkins, Grafana, Slack, Sentry and Stackdriver. The best fit for this position will be someone who is technically versatile and who enjoys working with a variety of technologies. We are looking for a candidate who also enjoys being a team player and is passionate about developing high-quality products that exceed customers' expectations.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with engineers to design platform architecture.
- Develop, test, maintain, and support high-performance, scalable, and innovative backend data flows, services and tools.
- Frequent interaction with a variety of product development team members, including product management, software engineering, quality assurance, and operations engineering.
- Maintain project deadlines utilizing Agile development practices
- Close collaboration with other engineers on the team to discuss best implementation strategies and practices with the goal of ensuring uniform approaches and standards
- Be part of building a positive team environment
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years professional Java programming experience
- 5+ years MySQL and mongoDB experience
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exposure to all technical aspects of the product life cycle: requirements gathering, design, implementation, quality assurance (automated and manual), documentation, support, maintenance.
- Experience with Solr/Lucene technologies
- Experience with PHP Symfony framework
- Experience with the GCP
- Experience at a large-scale web site
- Experience developing large software systems
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join an iconic portfolio of world-class brands that reach close to 100 million unique visitors monthly, advising passionate consumers about everything they love. Properties under the CNET umbrella include GameSpot, ZDNet, Metacritic, TechRepublic, and more. We’re looking for top-tier journalists and other top talent to join our mission of helping people make life’s most important decisions.Learn More about CNET
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.