Careers / Positions Director of Brand Strategy
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As the Director of Brand Strategy, you will be responsible for driving the consumer brand strategy and brand planning efforts for our portfolio of consumer health brands, reaching over 100 million people a month. You’ll have an opportunity to set the vision and brand strategy for Healthline, the #1 Health Information site. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Brand & Consumer Marketing, you’ll be joining a talented marketing team, and serve as a key member of our Brand Council. We’re a collaborative, strategic, and driven team that cares deeply about having a positive impact on the world.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish, evolve and align the ongoing brand strategy and positioning for our Health brands in partnership with our Product and Editorial teams
- Define our brand voice and storytelling to ensure that we are clear and consistent at every consumer touchpoint and are building an emotional connection with our consumers
- Partner with product and design leadership to drive the integration of a holistic brand strategy in our product roadmap
- Lead and be the brand evangelist, influencing company leadership and cross-functional teams, ensuring brand strategy is reflected in work and activities
- Develop creative briefs for our brand campaigns and tentpole initiatives and collaborate with Creative and Marketing leads to build and launch the campaigns
- Collaborate with Marketing leads to develop brand campaign and tentpole roadmap, with a heavy emphasis on long-term strategy and vision (12 mos. +)
- Partner with product marketing to develop go-to-market strategy for new vertical and consumer product launches in coordination with cross-functional teams & editorial staff
- Maintain a deep understanding of our brands through ongoing trackers/research, and oversee rigorous analysis/reporting to optimize the impact of our investment on our brand and business goals
- Manage our brand marketing agency and small team of brand managers, and grow your team as needed to support our increasing brand investment
- Some travel required. Expect quarterly travel to one of our offices (NY, SF, CLT).
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of consumer brand management and marketing experience; ideally including a mix of agency, brand and startup environments
- Experience building and leading a multi-functional team
- Experience managing a brand marketing agency
- Experience writing inspiring creative briefs
- Passionate about branding and believe the consumer is at the center of everything we do
- Health, wellness or media industry experience ideal
- Demonstrated success leading large-scale growth and brand marketing programs for leading consumer brands
- Strong understanding of the platforms, channels, and strategies/approaches that will enable the marketing department to reach key audiences
- Influential communicator and compelling storyteller
- Experience presenting to C-suite/Exec team
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level
A Red Ventures Brand
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.