Careers / Positions Staff Engineer, Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for a talented Staff Software Engineer to join our Cards team on Red Ventures owned Creditcards.com and Bankrate.com. We’re looking for experienced, professional engineers with knowledge of the whole technical stack. You should write clean, secure, performant, testable code. You should also have a strong understanding of multiple technologies, and a deep knowledge of the engineering principles and practices. As a Staff Software Engineer you will be responsible for contributing to broader, long term projects and to strategic planning and execution. You would ensure that security guidelines and standards are adhered to and data is properly classified. If you are a Staff Engineer passionate about both empowering engineering teams to be their most performant and in making robust E2E solutions from start to finish, please apply.
What You'll Do
- Work alongside engineering leadership across several teams to develop strong technical and architectural solutions
- Mentor our engineers in building robust, secure software solutions via thoughtful code review, lunch and learn sessions, and other coaching opportunities
- Work as our technical domain expert and liaison in helping push forward projects across internal and external teams
- Ensure we’re building and measuring software solutions anchored to roadmap goals and timelines
- Manage key aspects of our SDLC alongside our engineering talent
- Embrace and introduce best practices that continually improve our team’s processes towards engineering excellence
What We're Looking For
- Strong experience up and down the LAMP stack (WordPress and Laravel is a plus)
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies (AWS is a plus)
- Up to date with other modern development strategies and concepts, including API development, security best practices, and cloud architectures
- 7-10 years’ experience in software development roles across various stacks
- Ability to identify the best technical tool for the job, considering factors such as speed, scalability, and maintainability
- Great communication skills and experience/ability to work with hybrid on-site and remote teams
- Motivation to learn deeply about our business and build products that delight our users
- Mentoring of more junior engineers
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.