Careers / Positions Senior Compensation Manager
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Do you have a passion for building and retaining world class teams through a thoughtful approach to compensation strategy? If so, Red Ventures has an outstanding opportunity to join its Talent team.
Red Ventures Talent team is seeking an experienced compensation professional to take a leadership role in the design and execution of compensation programs, both cash and equity, across our portfolio of brands and businesses. This position will report to our EVP of Talent and will be responsible for the overall management of Red Ventures compensation programs to meet the changing business demands for a hypergrowth, complex, digital media and technology company. The ideal teammate will leverage their experience and expertise to help evolve and implement Red Ventures compensation programs with a focus on both developing strategy and driving execution and alignment across our portfolio. This role will involve extensive collaboration across our Talent, HR and Senior Leadership teams to align on compensation and talent management related initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop and ultimately publish comp philosophy, policies, governance guidelines and processes for leaders and for all employees as appropriate
- Develop analytics, tracking and reporting processes for providing more visibility for you and other execs into comp increases, exceptions, discrepancies and outliers
- Establish global and hybrid work compensation practices that include geographic differentials
- Improve tools for market intelligence and pricing used for market analysis and internal surveys
- Determine cadence and approach for updating pay bands and targets and bring discipline to that process
- In partnership with L&D, train/develop leaders and managers on our compensation philosophy
- Partner with HRBPs and leaders on our approach to counter-offers, off-cycle or exception-based increases, salary compression issues, etc. in an equitable manner
- Assist in the design/development of any new compensation programs
- Partner with our HR and Talent team to establish pay bands for newly created job profiles
- Partner with our M&A team to evaluate, map and adjust compensation as needed for newly acquired teams
- Ensure compliance with compensation legislation, rules and regulations.
What We’re Looking For
- 6+ years’ experience in the Compensation/HR discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience in the compensation programs and human capital disciplines
- Experience managing compensation programs that have several components including, base, bonus, multiple commission structures and equity.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cross functional initiative that delivers results, using cross group collaboration and influence management, especially among resources not directly under one’s control
- Experience working in a complex organization, preferably where there was a need to maintain consistency across an organization with independent business units
- Capability to set clear and measurable performance objectives, monitor progress rigorously, plan ahead and link actions to business priorities
- Advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively
- Strong capability in resource planning and managing multiple deliverables
- Organizational agility and ability to deal with ambiguity and adapt to change rapidly in response to business conditions
- Advanced Excel and/or Google Sheets skills; familiarity with Workday is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.