Careers / Positions Data Engineer I Red Digital
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Data Engineers at Red Ventures drive business value by transferring and structuring data for production and consumption by engineers, businesses, analysts, data scientists, and customers. You will join a team of highly skilled data engineers who design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics. We use tools like Spark, dbt, and Airflow to move data across multiple platforms, and shape that data into a format usable by both internal and external customers. If you want to join a team of highly skilled data engineers who design, develop and automate high-quality, scalable solutions across the entire data lifecycle, from raw data to powerful insights and analytics; this is the role for you.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with a cross-functional team of data engineers, software engineers, data analysts, and data scientists to understand business requirements.
- Design and build data pipelines from various sources to data warehouse using batch or incremental loading strategies utilizing cutting-edge cloud technologies like Fivetran, BigQuery, Redshift, dbt, Airflow, Monte Carlo, and others.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively.
- Documenting database design including data modeling, metadata, and process flow for business integrations.
- Documenting technical ETL/ELT specifications for a data warehouse. Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience working with python 3.x.x
- 2+ years of experience working with cloud data warehouses.
- 1+ years of experience working on AWS or GCP
- 1+ years of experience working on Spark (RDDs / Data Frames / Dataset API) or dbt to query and perform data manipulation
- 3+ experience with GitHub and CI/CD processes (CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions).
- Has experience working on Airflow, Prefect, or Dagster
- Excellent understanding of development processes and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, and ability to learn quick
- Ability to work through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamically changing business environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time with minimum supervision
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.