Careers / Positions Editor, Insurance | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for an Editor to contribute to the Bankrate.com strategy. This editor will review new and refreshed content and create new assignments. Content ranges from auto, homeowners, and life insurance topics for editorial, featured, and specialty pages. The right candidate can collaborate with other functional groups to identify content opportunities and edit content to align with the business’ strategy.
What You'll Do
- Research and edit insurance-related content (guides, comparisons, news, transactional copy, etc.)
- Pitch new content ideas, create assignments, and assign work to writers
- Develop insurance subject matter expertise
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (SEO, business analysts, etc.) to understand and implement the content strategy
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of writing or editing experience
- Solid research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to edit and rewrite
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the brand
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with a team and individually
- Comfort and confidence making content decisions
- Obsessed with content quality, structure, performance management and ongoing content optimization
- Knowledgeable about search engine optimization
- Able to balance the need to inform our readers with the critical need to rank first via search and drive revenue
- A leader with terrific communication skills that can serve as an advocate for your team and is comfortable interacting with stakeholders and executives
- Experience with AP style a plus
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.