Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
The Points Guy, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a SDET. Candidates must have excellent communication and collaboration skills and be able to work with peers in other organizations as well as software developers, release leads and other testers.
What You’ll Do
- Design, write, execute and maintain automated tests for APIs, platform and UI software.
- Assess the current set of automation tools and framework and then make recommendations on our automation strategy.
- Execute all components of product testing such as functional, regression and end-to-end testing.
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, and quality
- Investigate and evaluate new testing technologies and products.
- Integrate and maintain automated tests as part of a CI pipeline (CircleCi).
- Work collaboratively with customer support and Engineering to identify bugs, process improvements and facilitate requirement gathering.
- Work with data Engineering to identify customer patterns, isolate bugs and translate that information into actionable engineering work.
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of experience in software development, debugging and testing production code.
- Strong SQL skills and ability to effectively build queries for data analysis.
- Experience with monitoring, alerting and observability tools such as New Relic.
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration and ability to identify areas of improvements.
- Strong understanding of QA concepts and proven abilities in the following disciplines: software testing, test case writing, and automated script development
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, functional programming concepts, and software architecture.
- Experience with API testing tools (ie. Postman / SoapUI)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong aptitude (and appetite!) for learning new technologies
- Experience with continuous integration tools
- Ability to analyze code from other team members
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Experience and exposure to DevOps cultures and practices
- Experience with Terraform
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.