Careers / Positions Senior UX Researcher
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
A Senior UX Researcher at Red Ventures is responsible for driving deeper understanding of our audiences’ underlying emotional and functional needs — then helping execute on those discoveries to create experiences that engage and provide value. We’re looking for someone who is energized by guiding research at scale and having wide influence across the organization.
You’ll join a highly collaborative and creative team of product managers, product designers, content strategists, and front-end engineers who thrive off of giving and receiving feedback, solving complex problems, and developing engaging user experiences that meet the needs of the business. If you’re skilled at collecting, analyzing, and organizing data to create a compelling story, and driving a deeper understanding of our audiences’ underlying emotional and functional needs, then we’re looking for you! The ideal candidate has advanced research methods, design processes, and experience building brands from the ground up.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with cross-functional, geographically distributed teams of product managers, designers, researchers, engineers, and end-users to understand product features and functions and assist in the development of interfaces that map to the overall product strategy
- Manage multiple projects/initiatives between key business stakeholders, with a focus on helping teams realize a customer-centric approach to designing products
- Plan and conduct consumer research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle—from discovery to prototype validations, to usability tests on the final product.
- Create surveys, administer to our audiences, and conduct moderated and unmoderated user interviews to collect meaningful feedback.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize research findings to provide meaningful insights and design recommendations to our product development team.
- Autonomously drive best practices, advance research and testing strategies, and improve processes so creative output is best in class.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders and support their goals and success.
- Work closely with product designers, and content strategists to create experiences that engage our customers deeply.
- Apply knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment.
- Conduct moderated and unmoderated user interviews to obtain feedback.
- Present learnings and design recommendations from research methods in a digestible manner to internal and external teams.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of experience in the field or related field.
- Experience using digital design tools for wireframing, prototyping, and virtual collaboration.
- Portfolio of work as a research practitioner on large end-to-end projects, demonstrating craft: from screener and test plan creation, to moderation/facilitation, and storytelling to socialize results and recommendations.
- The ability to demonstrate experience in working closely with business and product teams to drive success.
- Experience with advanced research strategies across multiple teams.
- A series of research methods in your toolbox and are ready to execute at any given time (ex. ethnographic field studies, concept testing, A/B testing, usability testing, diary studies, customer feedback, card sorting, tree tests, focus groups, interviews, competitor analysis, heuristic analysis, etc.)
- Experience with tools to support data collection such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, UserTesting.com, etc.
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate