Careers / Positions Senior Technical Project Manager
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Senior Technical Project Manager
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop, organize, and execute cross-functional plans for delivering tools / systems / integrations that drive growth.
- Balance business needs versus technical constraints. Assertively hold all parties accountable to strategic goals.
- Work with our Directors of Engineering and Product to coordinate the technical development effort, track/drive the project, and manage the operational implementation process. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage smart risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify interdependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
- Discover the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches; work with engineering and product leadership to determine level of effort and meet aggressive timelines
- Coordinate meetings with stakeholders and provide updates.
- Roadmap and prioritize with engineering teams and stakeholders to determine strategic priority projects.
- Assess incoming feature requests and work with engineering teams to determine level of effort.
- Own progress tracking and reporting on all workstreams. Facilitate meetings and effectively communicate project expectations and deadlines to team members and stakeholders.
- Set and manage expectations around work that is required to launch and maintain key revenue programs through exceptional communication, kick off meetings and consistent on-time deliverables
- Strategically and tactfully communicate deliverables, red flags and accountability for next steps with thoughtful timelines, to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage time tracking and software capitalization estimates for work being developed
- Act as Scrum Master/Agile Coach for teams.
What We're Looking For
- Demonstrate maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management
- Possess a thorough understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure
- 5+ years of experience leading large, cross-functional technical projects
- Proven track record of developing and refining process
- Ability to gracefully juggle multiple projects at once
- PMP or CAPM Certified
- Certified Scrum Master
- Technical background in software development or data infrastructure
- Experience managing efforts implementing and maintaining web and API standards
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.