Careers / Positions Video Animator and Editor - Education
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
At Red Ventures Education we create media and resources that support students – of all ages and backgrounds – throughout their educational journeys and exploration of career tracks. And we have our finger on the pulse of higher education, producing an increasing amount of news coverage and original research.
We’re looking for a skilled Animator/Editor to join our growing digital video content team. This is a hands-on role for an experienced editor and motion graphics whiz with strong narrative sensibility. Some graphic design skills preferred. Character animation or 3D would be a big bonus. Ideally you’re an artistically inclined multimedia jill/jack/j-of-all-trades with a passion for storytelling, eager to join a small team where you’ll have plenty of creative autonomy on projects from pitch to delivery, and an opportunity to establish the visual aesthetic of trusted education brands like Best Colleges, Nurse Journal and more. We can’t wait to meet you!
What You’ll Do
- Be the primary hands-on video editor, designer, animator and/or motion graphics artist on one-off videos and serial content. Our pipeline includes animated explainers, a variety of live action content, hybrid pieces and more.
- Work both independently and collaboratively across teams to set priorities and meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects. Receive and give feedback.
- Participate in pre-pro (pitching, planning, scripting, storyboarding) and bring fresh ideas to the table at every stage.
- Have a meaningful hand in building a video pipeline from the ground up: giving input on best practices, pitching ideas for new videos and series and in some cases overseeing them, while helping shape the look and voice of our media brands through video.
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ years of hands-on video post-production experience, including both editing and motion graphics / animation, with a strong reel or portfolio that clearly indicates your role on each project.
- Experience creating compelling video content for a media organization, production company, agency, or in-house creative team.
- A passion for telling great stories and strong journalistic integrity.
- Expertise in Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ideally other relevant design and animation software.
- Someone inquisitive, collaborative and confident, with a great sense of humor.
- Any of the following additional post-production specialties: 3D design/animation; advanced character animation; color correction & grading (Davinci or other).
- Social media savvy, and any past success managing social video channels (YouTube, TikTok) for brands
- Location/studio production experience in any roles (camera, audio, G&E, etc)
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.