Careers / Positions Managing Editor | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Our Bankrate team is seeking a Managing Editor for transactional Credit Cards content. You will lead a team of full-time editors and writers who are responsible for creating and optimizing credit card reviews and category pages on Bankrate.com and CreditCards.com.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, a skilled multitasker and an advocate for consumers. This role will be responsible for executing on our transactional content strategy, managing an editorial calendar for reviews and category pages, identifying content gaps and using data to optimize existing content.
This role will report into the Senior Director of Content for our Credit Cards vertical.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of full-time editors and writers tasked with generating and maintaining core transactional content for Bankrate and CreditCards.com
- Create the team’s monthly editorial calendar, identifying priorities with cross-team stakeholders and assigning stories to editors and writers
- Supervise the content creation process from pitching to publishing
- Use data to identify content gaps and optimize existing content
- Develop and optimize editorial workflows and training materials
- Collaborate with SEO analysts and other editors on editorial strategy
- Pitch and execute new content initiatives to help grow organic SOV for cards content
- Write and edit copy as needed
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of experience working at a digital media company, with some managerial experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of credit cards
- Experience working with transactional content, such as product reviews
- An understanding of SEO best practices and what it takes to create content that ranks (such as EAT and YMYL)
- Experience working in a content management system, preferably WordPress
- Analytical skills to measure performance and identify growth opportunities
- Excellent editing skills and a firm grasp of AP Style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A team player who excels in cross-functional settings
- Superb grammar and editing skills
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.