Careers / Positions Engineering Manager | BankrateApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our Bankrate.com team. We are looking for a leader well versed in managing engineering teams to guide our teams as we scale and support them in continuously delivering business value. In this role, you will challenge and support our engineers with a growth mindset. You’ll need to possess the capability to push your team’s abilities to grow them individually and as a unit. Your primary focus is your team and the people in it, and we expect you to build a great culture with diversity, inclusion, bias to action, and openness as our core values.
What You’ll Do
- Business value delivery: Ensure incremental value delivery and high-quality standards for teams you’re working with. Support these teams’ strategic work in collaboration with our Product and Design organization.
- Learning and Development: Attract, onboard, and retain diverse top talent. Develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support. Conduct regular 1:1, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their learning and development. Continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging on your team and within our organization.
- Process and Product: Maintain high levels of transparency, efficiency, and collaboration in collaboration with other development teams and Product Management.
- Leadership: Advocate and promote leadership at all levels within the Red Ventures engineering organization.
- Organizational work: Help us continuously improve and grow and build further support structures for our teams by driving broader organizational development and cross-cutting initiatives with the rest of our engineering management team.
- Technical work: Help grow the expertise of your teams in performance, reliability, resilience, scalability, maintainable architecture, and experimentation.
What We’re Looking For
- People development: You have at least three years of experience building and leading software development teams and delivering working software together with them. Your experience includes hiring, as well as having engineers directly reporting to you and supporting them in their growth.
- Technical Expertise: You have a strong ability to develop systems that meet architectural objectives including reusable, scalable code
- 5+ years of recent server-side experience in technologies such as Node, PHP, or GoLang
- Experience in front-end technologies such as React or Vue.js
- Experience with OOP and software design skills
- Experience in DevOps culture, including familiarity with automated testing, continuous delivery, and infrastructure as code.
- Familiarity with public cloud offerings such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Our core problems to solve are:
- Personalized User Journeys - using modern web technologies and distributed architectures
- Scaling Infrastructure, technologies, and processes - using cloud based solutions and agile delivery methodologies
- Standardizing our Content Delivery platform - using cloud architectures and API best practices
- Remote work: You bring experience working with distributed teams.
- Delivery: You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them in different teams. You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice and continuously delivering business value.
- Leadership: You are a servant leader, an effective communicator, and strong collaborator who emphasizes continuous learning, and you know what it takes to build strong, productive teams. You thrive on developing people and building inclusive teams.
- Learning: You bring action orientation and a drive to continuously improve the teams you work with.
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator and bring strong feedback skills to your teams.
Who We Are
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit www.redventures.com.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.