Careers / Positions Senior Design Technologist - Healthline (Remote)
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Healthline, the largest digital health property on the Web reaching over 250 million users worldwide each month, is looking for an experienced Senior Design Technologist to join our growing, purpose-driven organization. The right candidate has extensive experience with and enthusiasm for the product design process. They are systems-oriented with a passion for innovating scalable design systems. They enjoy the challenge of working with cross-functional teams to create user-centric, innovative, and accessible digital product experiences.
What You’ll Do
- Using Figma, maintain and evolve several existing design systems and component libraries, and help define new systems and libraries as the company grows, to ensure we are efficiently designing and building consistent experiences
- Find the balance between creating rules and breaking rules - establish governance, communication, and contribution processes that support designers and developers across teams using the systems so they understand it and are empowered to push it further
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product managers on structuring the systems, writing documentation, and advocating for the system
- Develop a process to collaborate on design solutions across several teams, identify patterns and overlapping initiatives, and reuse components
- Conduct audits of the design system and solve for inconsistencies, UX issues, accessibility issues and usability of the design system
- Help set the bar for UI quality and consistency
- Present your work to various stakeholders, explaining your creative process and how your solution aligns with both business / customer goals
- Mentor junior designers and share your insights and experience in critique sessions
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of design experience working on consumer-facing products or equivalent, both web and native apps
- 2+ years experience working on complex design systems that provide value to the company, for multiple brands and/or platforms for consumer-facing products
- Must be an expert in Figma (including libraries and auto-layout)
- An excellent portfolio of work demonstrating a well-developed design sense across a range of design challenges and user experiences, and including work defining and evolving design system(s)
- Ability to independently define and drive design system initiatives across teams
- Expert knowledge of UX/UI best practices for web and app, including accessibility
- Experience collaborating with engineering teams on design systems
- Experience writing documentation (style guides and usage guidelines)
- Experience collaborating, iterating, and testing within a team environment - local and remote
"Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements."
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $137,500
- *Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We will use the remainder of 2022 to separate from Red Ventures and fully transition into the new entity. We will communicate fully and transparently along the way, honoring the culture, people, processes and spirit that got us to this point.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the world’s fastest-growing digital health platform, with a global audience of hundreds of millions of monthly readers. Healthline is one of the largest brands within the Red Ventures portfolio and includes prestigious digital properties such as Healthline.com, Medical News Today, PsychCentral, and Greatist. We’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us continue to build a stronger, healthier world.Learn More about Healthline
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.