Careers / Positions Associate Photo Editor | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We’re looking for an Associate Photo Editor to join our Creative team, curating photography and organizing digital assets for the country’s biggest brands in financial services, mortgage, credit cards and personal finance. You’ll be an integral part of the design team, working closely with the photo editors on daily tasks, such as curating article photography, creating photo collages, and editing photos for publication. The ideal candidate for the role will be highly organized, savvy with spreadsheets, and have good time management skills.
What You'll Do
- Assist photo editors in sourcing dynamic, brand oriented visuals for high priority projects
- Curate inspired, artistic and accurate imagery that furthers our storytelling and enhances our brand standards for daily publication
- Demonstrate taste in photography, layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Track diversity, equity, and inclusion measures on published and updated articles
- Assist in DAM management and classification of images
- Ensure a high standard of visual execution and brand consistency in every article and across all platforms
- Collaborate cross-departmentally, present designs both virtually and in person, give and receive feedback
What We're Looking For
- 2+ years of experience as an associate photo editor and a strong portfolio
- Strong Adobe Creative Suite proficiency with experience in photo editing and graphic design: cropping, retouching, creating compositions/collages, and designing illustrations and data visualizations
- Ability to quickly scan through stock imagery and select images that are creative, accurate, and on-brand
- A broad grasp of brand, design, advertising, social media, and layout
- Ability to take direction well and work on ideating and bringing to life visual stories alongside editorial, video, and design teams
- Ability to take and give constructive visual feedback
- An eagerness to try (and adopt) new applications and working methods
- Exhibit a deep understanding of our mission and values, demonstrating an innovative approach to storytelling and conceptual design
- Passion for your craft, with an appetite to continue to challenge yourself and those around you
- Experience working with Digital Asset Management Systems ideal
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.