Careers / Positions Staff Data Engineer
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
We are looking to hire a Staff Data Engineer to join our Red Ventures People Analytics team. Our team aims to generate insights, at scale, to optimize teammate experiences across all aspects of the talent life cycle (retention, development, acquisition, etc.), and we do so with three core product service lines (Insights, Self-Service BI, and Data Platform). This role is critical to ensuring the insights we deliver are built on a trusted and reliable data platform. You will be leveraging best-in-class data technologies like AWS, Looker, etc. You will take responsibility for performing hands-on work required to integrate data sources across various enterprise talent systems, 3rd party data sources, and beyond into a unified People Data Platform that allows for robust analytics, data science and day to day business reporting. This process involves translating business use cases into data solutions through a thorough understanding of source system nuances required for a timely implementation. The role will also work in conjunction with analytics product managers, analytics engineers, and data scientists to lay the required data foundations to understand the business context of data assets, and to actively maintain and improve upon the team's portfolio of value-add logic/code. Additionally, the role will work with various functional units to ensure solutions are successfully deployed, operationalized, and maintained.
What You'll Do
- Work with a cross functional team of analytics product managers, analytics engineers, and data scientists.
- Design and build data pipelines from various data sources to a target data lake using cutting edge cloud technologies.
- Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows data to be accessed and analyzed effectively.
- Designing and documenting ETL specifications, data models, metadata, and process flows.
- Perform periodic code reviews and test plans to ensure data quality and integrity.
What We're Looking For
- 7-10 years of Data Engineering experience
- 5+ Years of SQL experience
- 3+ Years of Working knowledge of AWS tech stack
- 3+ Years of Scripting experience in Python, Golang
- 3+ Years of Data Architecture and Design experience
- 2+ Years of preparation of data for building visualization using tools like Tableau/Looker
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Analytics, or related technical/engineering field
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Working knowledge of AWS tech stack. Athena, Glue, Aurora, Redshift, Lambda, S3, ECS, EC2 will be used regularly in this role
- Experience in migrating ETL processes, not just data, from relational warehouse Databases/using REST APIs to AWS based solutions.
- Experience in deploying application code and analytical models using CI/CD tools and techniques and provides support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating, Quality checks, etc.
- Experience as a leader/mentor of data engineering resources
- Experience documenting technical/data systems for technical and business leaders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience in People Analytics domain is a plus
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.