Careers / Positions Director of Design Operations - Education
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
As the Director of Design Operations, you’ll be establishing and leading the operations processes and project management for a team of fast-paced and high-performing creatives — driving efficiency and creative process across our Education brands. We’re looking for someone who is energized by establishing, guiding, and facilitating processes at scale and having wide influence across the organization. They are passionate about helping individuals achieve their full potential — bringing clarity, direction, and support throughout all stages of the creative process. You’ll join a growing creative team of visual, product, and content designers, copywriters, video producers, and creative strategists who thrive off of giving and receiving feedback, solving complex problems, and developing engaging user experiences and creative output. If you’re skilled at facilitating, project management, and implementing methods to empower teams to do their best work, then we’re looking for you!
What You'll Do
- Help establish, implement, and facilitate creative project management and design processes
- Bring clarity, direction, and support throughout all stages of the creative process.
- Work across teams and functions to identify strategic opportunities to improve team processes, optimize productivity and advance our creative culture.
- Create a process for identifying, prioritizing, and staffing work towards speed and efficiency.
- Bring a point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems, and implement actionable plans that deliver business impact and improve speed and efficiency of our product workflows.
- Keep a continuous pulse on the creative teams’ health and productivity
- Advise on organization-wide strategy and planning, including creative critiques, and creative summits/events.
- Bring analytical problem-solving skills into our work, including the ability to break down information into meaningful findings and developing recommendations that lead to informed decision-making.
- Drive governance, processes, and communication for Design Leadership in ongoing staff meetings, including project statuses, team health, blockers, and communicate key quantitative metrics across Design Operations
- Measure, improve, and maintain Design impact metrics, ensuring they align with company objectives and effectively communicate the value of Design to the business.
- Vendor and Outsourcing Management
- Help evaluate and implement the team's creative toolset to ensure teams have the resources they need to do their best work.
- Manage freelance and vendor relationships and advocate for additional resources that align with the growth of the rest of the company.
- Partner with our internal Legal, Security, Learning and Development, and Recruiting teams.
What We're Looking For
- Energy to guide and facilitate processes at scale and assert influence across the organization.
- Excitement to operate in a newly created role and dive in as an individual contributor, while maintaining a long-term vision of growth.
- The ability to challenge the status quo by asking questions and driving continuous improvement.
- A talent for inspiring others — getting individuals and teams to embrace change by sharing new perspectives, pushing people to take on new challenges, and understanding what motivates individuals to do their best.
- An ability to operate effectively in a remote environment across distributed teams and locations.
- Experience in a formalized Design Ops function for an agency or in-house creative environment, and has managed ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional, distributed teams for some aspect of a large-scale consumer-facing product
- Experience working closely with creative teams and knowledge of the various workflows associated with design (prototyping, user research, product design, video production, etc.)
- Attention to detail and superb organization skills
- Negotiating, problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Influential verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability in various settings and audiences — from sharing new ideas through casual conversation to a presentation to the senior leadership team. You can adjust your style to fit the audience and the message.
- A passion for operations and a thirst to do more with less, to work smarter not harder.
- Bonus: Preferred Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Bonus: Experience working on video and/or photo productions
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Ventures is a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships. We’re made up of dozens of teams spanning multiple industries and geographies - all working together to help people make life’s most important decisions. Whether you’re looking for freedom to build new brands and businesses from the ground up, an opportunity to partner with brands who are already globally recognized, or a combination of both - this is a place where you can unlock substantial experience and even make entire career shifts, all within one organization.Learn More about Red Ventures
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.