Careers / Positions Editor, Wealth | Bankrate
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Red Ventures is looking for an Investing Editor to join our Bankrate team. The editor will be responsible for contributing to and executing on our strategy for investing and retirement content while using SEO and editorial best practices to edit articles that are highly visible on organic search and social media.
This editor will be responsible for assigning content, updating existing stories, editing articles from both internal and freelance writers, and collaborating with the editorial and SEO teams on content creation. The editor should have solid editing skills, as well as strong project management, communication and collaboration skills. An ability to work well in a team setting is a must.
What You’ll Do
- Identify, pitch, assign and edit investing-related stories that rank highly on search and resonate with our consumer audience
- Help manage day-to-day coverage of Bankrate’s stocks, funds, crypto and retirement planning content
- Work closely with SEO analysts to identify priorities and execute a content strategy
- Stay up to date on news and trends in the financial markets to drive decisions on emerging content opportunities
- Update existing portfolio of investing and retirement content (guides, comparisons, explainers, news, reviews, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Coach and mentor writers on best practices, while managing the publishing process in our content management system (WordPress)
- Edit internally and externally produced content for AP Style, brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Work with the investing editorial and SEO teams to make monthly updates to key transactional pages
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of writing/editing financial content with proven experience covering investing or wealth management for a related publication
- Excellent research, writing and editorial skills, with the ability to effectively communicate edits to writers
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
- Ability to grasp the voice, style and tone of the Bankrate brand
- Desire to work closely with a fast-paced, high-performing team in a collaborative environment
- Experience with AP Style
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.