Careers / Positions Senior Software Engineer, Front End | BankrateApply Now
Our goal is to listen, engage, and activate voices across Red Ventures to ensure that all identity groups and perspectives are represented in our work. Our aspiration is to have diverse teams at every level of the company, and we seek candidates who bring unique personal experiences, curiosity and an eagerness to embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
At a Glance
Bankrate.com, a division of Red Ventures, is looking for a talented, result-oriented, innovative Senior Software Engineers to join our team, responsible for building services and experiences on Bankrate.com
This individual will play a major role in software architecture and design for the platform that provides the backbone for the Bankrate.com brand. This person will have strong experience developing cloud native solutions and have excellent problem-solving skills. This person will interact with developers and business partners at all levels and with teams across a geographically diverse company. This individual will be responsible for promoting a collaborative and communicative culture.
The team you’ll be working with is a supportive and fast-moving team that builds the key software for the brand. We create software that is sustainable in the long-term, which requires each of us to be committed to the company’s goals and values. This is an opportunity to have significant input into the technical direction and architecture of our content platform.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and test software to support Bankrate authenticated experiences.
- Take ownership and responsibility of the team’s goals and be a good steward to our systems and customers.
- Work full stack by implementing web services, APIs, and user interfaces to power Bankrate.com.
- Collaborating with product leaders, business stakeholders, scrum masters, and other developers to deliver a quality product.
- Mentoring more junior engineers on our team
What We're Looking For
- At least 5 years of full-stack software development experience
- Development experience in Typescript & Node.js,
- Development experience in React, Vue or similar modern client-side framework.
- Ability to work independently from a design specification.
- Development experience in a RDBMS like Postgres or MySQL
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, maintainable, secure, and reusable solutions in public cloud environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead key team initiatives from start to finish by managing and improving the entire software development life cycle
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with github, bitbucket or other distributed version control systems
- Experience using JIRA or similar issue tracking software
- Experience with in-memory data stores such as Redis or Memcached
- Experience with monitoring and error reporting tools in front end applications
- Experience writing high quality documentation
- Experience with common authentication/authorization patterns
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
Join one of the most prestigious brands in the world, and do meaningful work that helps millions of people make better financial decisions for their families and their futures. Our Bankrate team spans offices all over the country, and we’re looking for a wide range of talent to help us grow – from technology experts, to journalists, to business leaders, and more.Learn More about Bankrate
Covid 19 Vaccine Requirement: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, if a candidate is successful and a conditional job offer is made, the candidate then will be required to submit proof of a full vaccination series against COVID-19. Requests for reasonable accommodations on the basis of disability, pregnancy status, or religious belief will be considered on an individualized basis.